GSF M-Accelerator Program
GSF M-Accelerator is a specialized accelerator program for mobile startups. Functioning as a "super-accelerator" by design, GSF M-Accelerator offers founders four months to make the kind of progress ordinarily accomplished in six to eight months. GSF M-Accelerator is created in the image of a hackathon. Products pivot several times as teams go through intense, often grueling Q&A sessions with mentors and entrepreneurs in residence. The result of this accelerator is an ecosystem created by the startups for the startups: a challenging, risk-taking of product focuses teams, innovating in areas of mobile marketplaces, mobile apps and mobile commerce.
GSF M-Accelerator program is built around three unique values
with the ecosystem
The 2016 program will kick off from Delhi. The four-month program will start in July, 2016
- Delhi NCR: July-Aug (two months) 2016
- Silicon Valley, US - Sep, 2016 (three weeks)
- Japan: Sep, 2016 (one week)
- India Roadshow: Oct, 2016
Note: Exact dates will be announced soon
A week at GSF M-Accelerator
A typical week at GSF consists of three key elements:
- Mentor Hours: One day is dedicated to it when a start-up meets 3-5 highly accomplished mentors in one-on-one setting
- Workshops: Every week will feature up to 2 workshops.
- Visits: Everyweek, start-ups visit 2/3 organizations focused on building, marketing or funding mobile ventures
GSF M-Accelerator Mentors
Accomplished entrepreneurs, corporate executives, academics, VCs, Angel Investors, together with experts in areas like growth hacking, design and digital marketing from organizations like: Facebook, WhatsApp, YouTube, LinkedIn, Zynga, Evernote, Uber, Sequoia Capital, Greylock Partners, Matrix Partners, Canaan Partners, Accel, SoftBank, Intuit, Lyft, Spotify, InMobi, Nokia, MIT University, Stanford university, Makemytrip, Ixigo, Zomato, Slideshare, PayTM, Savaan, Hungama, Ola cabs, etc.
The GSF accelerator start-ups will attend 20 intensive workshops conducted by the experts. These workshops are centered around 5 major themes:
- Product Strategy
- Business and People Strategy
- Seed and Venture Funding
GSF M-Accelerator invests $40-$50k at 8-9% equity into the startups inducted into the Global Accelerator program. GSF also does follow-on rounds of up to $500,000 into a few select startups after the program.
GSF M-Accelerator advisors
- Ananad Chandrashekhar, Chief Product Officer, Airtel
- Anupam Mittal, CEO Peoples Group (Shaadi.com, Mauj Mobile)
- Avnish Bajaj: Founder of Matrix India
- Atsushi Tiara: Softbank, US
- Ashish Gupta: Founder of Helion Partners
- K Ganesh, Founder of Growthstory.in
- Murugavel Janakiraman, CEO, Bharatmatrimony.com
- Manish Dalal, CEO, Verisign India
- Phaninder Sharma: Founder RedBus
- Naveen Tewari: Founder of InMobi
- Neeraj Roy, CEO, Hungama.com
- Saul Klein: Partner at Index Ventures, Co-founder of TAG and Seedcamp
- Sid Talwar: Partner, Lightbox Venture
- Shailesh Lakhani, Sequoia Capital
Two GSF conferences are held annually; these are the two most sought after events in the Indian startup ecosystem.
- Global Superangels Forum in New Delhi
- #WhereDoWeGoNow in Bengaluru
GSF Global Partnerships
GSF has entered into multiple global relationships. Its network spans multiple world cities (SF, NY, Boston, LA, Toronto, Singapore, Bangalore, Mumbai and NCR). Many leading educational institutions across the world are partners with GSF.
GSF has created collaborative relationships with most VCs, angel organizations and seed funds. GSF has created deep relationships with leading Tech companies of the world ranging from Cisco to Facebook, Paypal to Airtel, Softbank to Samsung.
In 2014, GSF has entered into two key global alliances which provide unique access to markets and business leaders to GSF startups:
EiRs @GSF programme offers a deep immersion in the startup ecosystem in India to this entrepreneurial talent aggregated from across the world. They anchor the accelerator program in all different cities by scouting, evaluating, and aiding in the selection of the best startups from across different regions of India. Throughout the 4 months,EiRs execute programming, forge linkages between GSF companies and external partners, and buddy mentor each of the portfolio companies. EiRs also drive strategic partnerships and expand GSFs already robust mentor network of top entrepreneurs and executives in the tech community across India and the globe.